BizBuySell.com, the Internet’s largest business-for-sale marketplace, reported today that the number of annual small business transactions continue to ascend to new highs during the 1st quarter of 2017!
Noted statistics from the report are:
- Average revenue for businesses sold increased by 8.4% over same period in 2016.
- Average Net Income reported by businesses sold increased by 6.6% over same period in 2016.
- Average sales price for transactions reported increased by 7.7% over same period in 2016.
- Total number of transactions increased by 29% over same period in 2016
- The Dallas / Fort Worth metro area reported the 9th highest number of transactions out of the top 67 markets in the US.
The breakdown of business transactions by broad categories are as follows:
- Service 36%
- Retail – Other 29%
- Retail – Restaurant 22%
- Manufacturing 4%
- Other 8%
The top 5 individual categories for total transactions are as follows:
- Convenience Store
- Dry Cleaning / Laundry
- Beauty Related
Is now the time to consider selling your business?
Complete the “Value Builder” questionnaire today in just 13 minutes and we’ll send you a 27-page custom report assessing how well your business is positioned for selling. Take the test now: